BASIC NAVIGATION TRAINING & SAFETY
- 6 Weeks
- 5 Weeks / 20 Days / 80 Hours
- Interactive Training in Class. (Theory & Lectures & Team Work)
- 1 Week / 4 Days / 16 Hours
- Practical Training at Full Mission Bridge Simulator
Number Of Participants
6 Trainees for each class. (Minimum of 6 trainees required for opening of course)
- To improve navigation and safety knowledge of trainees.
- To prepare trainees for various duties at sea.
- To enhance navigating practice with specific maneuvers and formations at sea.
- To ensure safe and world-wide standard navigation performance.
The course participants will:
- Understand the principles of the global navigational safety.
- Identify documentation and records regarding navigation, specific maneuvers and formations at sea.
- Fully understand the COLREG (International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea).
- Apply the standard techniques and procedures for specific circumstances at sea.
- Review case studies and generic scenarios at sea.
- Get familiarized with navigation equipment.
- Have enough capability to prepare navigation plan on charts.
- Be able to conduct all navigation procedures from basic to advanced scheme at sea and naval warfare operation conditions.
- Identify all sea surface traffic and recognize all targets at daytime and night.
- Apply standard navigation team organization on board and bridge.